Sell your textbooks and earn some cash!
How it works
Get cash by selling your textbooks.
If you would like to change your address or update your payment method please reach out to us at email@example.com
As long as your payment has not already been issued, we can update this information. If payment has already been issued, mailing will default to the address specified at the time the order was placed.
Before sending in your books, please ensure that each item meets our quality standards, described below.
Textbooks that exhibit any of the following characteristics will not be accepted for sellback:
- Severely damaged cover, binding, or pages
- Missing or ripped pages
- Water damage
- Excessive writing or highlighting
- An ISBN or edition that is different from the ISBN or edition that was quoted*
- Tampered ISBN
- Missing CDs or discs (if required)
- Annotated Teacher Edition
- Suspected Counterfeit
Please note: GoTextbooks is not responsible for items that are lost or damaged in the mail. To protect against damage while in transit, including water damage, we encourage you to pack your items safely and securely. We are not responsible for shipments until the shipment is received and processed in our warehouse.
Once your sellback items arrive in our warehouse we will evaluate them to ensure that they meet the condition standards outlined herein. Items that do not meet all guidelines outlined above are subject to a price quotation revision. In the event that any items received do not meet all condition criteria, a support team member will contact you about any quote adjustments requiring your approval. See more detailed grading and Auto-Reject guidelines below.Grading Guidelines
All items should meet the following grading guidelines:
- Covers: Can have curl and small creases. Moderate scuff marks or small cut OK.
- Corners: Can have some damage, light (1-2 inches) peeling OK, some (25%) bend OK.
- Pages: Minor highlighting (~20%). Dog ear folds on page corners OK.
- Water/Stains: No visible water/spill damage. Minimal stains OK.
- Supplements: Can be missing/opened, unless the ISBN is a stand alone access card.
- Personalization: Name written inside or library labels OK.
- Binding: Moderate wear is OK, no loose pages.
- Loose Leaf: Must be shrink-wrapped in plastic.
- Cover: Cover not intact. Cuts going through the cover into multiple pages.
- Page damage: lines unreadable from highlighting. Page completely torn (part of the page is missing) or major partial tear (indicating a high probability that normal wear and tear during next usage will result in part or all of the page falling out).
- Water damage: pages swollen, major wrinkling, excessive stains, major discoloration or moldy (foxing).
- Mismatch ISBN: submitted ISBN does not match ISBN of what was received.
- Unacceptable: Stickers or tape used deliberately to hide markings specific to instructor, international, and sample editions, which are all deemed unacceptable.
- Binding: pages are separating from binding or have been fixed with tape
- Item shipped too long after the scan date.
- Loose-Leaf materials that are not shrink-wrapped or in a binder..
Materials that are deemed below condition standards and rejected by our processing center will be held for 14 days after processing, then by default, be destroyed. Any item deemed to be received in “Auto-Reject” condition may only be returned upon request and at the customer’s expense.
Any materials submitted that are suspected fraudulent will undergo a review with the publisher before further action can be taken. Please review all policies regarding suspected counterfeit items for full details on the required process and duration.
We take the issue of counterfeit textbooks very seriously.
For more information, please see http://stopcounterfeitbooks.com. By taking part in our programs you represent and warrant that any item sent to us is a legitimate copy, and acknowledge that we cannot issue payment or return any item that is determined to be counterfeit or fraudulent.
If we determine that an item sent to us exhibits characteristics that indicate it might be counterfeit, we will forward the item to the relevant publisher for further inspection. If the item is determined to be counterfeit, then it will be confiscated and destroyed and we may be required to provide source information to the publisher. If the publisher determines that the item is a legitimate copy, then we will notify you and issue the originally quoted payment or return the item free of charge. This process may take one to three months. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause or potential impact to your sellback experience, but we operate in accordance with federal laws to review any suspected counterfeit materials.
Yes. Gotextbooks.com buys loose leaf textbooks under the loose leaf ISBN, which is different than the student hardbound version ISBN.
Please be aware that it is common for publishers to put the hardback or paperback ISBN on the copyright page of loose-leaf books for ordering purposes. The correct ISBN should be the number that is on the barcode of the book. If you are unsure you have the correct ISBN for your loose-leaf version, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To sell loose leaf textbooks, visit our homepage and enter the ISBN for the loose leaf textbook. With loose leaf edition textbooks, you MUST HAVE the front or back page that contained the original publisher barcode as well as the copyright page.
All loose leaf materials MUST be shrink wrapped in plastic or secured in a binder upon receipt.
The reasons we may reject loose leaf editions include:
- Missing back or front cover
- Missing any pages
- Pages are ripped or torn
- You sent us the loose leaf version but the ISBN you quoted was for the hard or softcover
- Always make sure the ISBN you enter is for the correct loose leaf edition of the book and not the normal student edition
- Loose-Leaf is not shrink-wrapped or secured in a 3-ring binder
Please note that all buyback orders received are final.
Items not meeting the posted grading criteria or entered under the incorrect ISBN may be subject to a price reduction against the original quote or requoted for the ISBN received. You will be contacted via the email address provided on your account if we are able to provide a counter-offer or requote for materials.
Customers are required to respond to any counter-offer, indicating that you agree to proceed with the sale within the time frame specified in the response email from our team. Failure to respond within the given timeline will result in all items received being rejected.If you do not find the revised buy back price agreeable, it is your responsibility to confirm your decision by email and include a prepaid return shipping label within the time frame specified in the email.
A reminder that purchases for all buyback materials received are final. GoTextbooks is not responsible for returning erroneously shipped rental materials mailed in a sellback order.
However, In the event you have sold and shipped a rental item to GoTextbooks.com in error, contact email@example.com immediately. If our receiving department has been notified of a sellback order containing a rental textbook prior to the order being processed, you will be able to email a prepaid return shipping label for items to be returned to you.The remaining sellback order will need to be revised to exclude the returned items and final value adjusted.